If you work as a journeyman in the state of Virginia, you may be wondering what it takes to become a master electrician. On top of being experts in their field, master electricians have more responsibilities on a day-to-day basis. They often operate their own businesses, supervise the work of journeymen and manage projects. Before advancing to the next level, journeymen must first demonstrate their experience and knowledge. Additionally, they need to pass a test to gain the title of “master electrician.”
At M.S. Electrical Training, we provide professional, state-approved courses for journeymen looking to obtain a Virginia master electrician license. We want to help you further your career and develop the skills you need to thrive in the industry. Furthermore, our instructor Marty Schumacher is a master electrician who has been in the business for almost 30 years. What could be better than learning from someone who has experienced the same challenges as you? If you want to grow as an electrician and reach your highest potential, M.S. Electrical Training is the right choice.
Virginia Master Electrician License Requirements
To attain your Virginia master electrician license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Pass the Virginia master electrician exam
- Have at least 1 year of experience as a journeyman (if you don’t have a journeyman license, you must have 10 years of experience as an electrician)
- Provide proof of experience in the field
- Submit an application to the DPOR (Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation) at a cost of $90
- Complete a renewal every 2 years, which requires an additional 3 credits of continuing education
We offer two NEC electrical calculations and master exam prep courses. One is an in-person course, and the other is available online. At M.S. Electrical Training, we recognize how important flexibility is to you. With so many other things on your plate, it can be difficult to find time to travel to an in-person course. Our Zoom course is equally thorough, and you’ll gain the skills you need to pass with flying colors. With your Virginia master electrician license, you’ll be able to reach the next step in your career and earn more income.
After completing your test preparation with us, you’ll complete the Virginia master electrician license exam through PSI. The test consists of two separate sections; the first is 4 hours long and includes 80 questions. The second section is only 30 minutes long and consists of 10 questions. A fee of $120 is required to take the examination.
Why Choose Us for Your Continuing Education?
Our student-focused classes have been a stepping stone for countless professionals in the industry. Our mission is to provide informative classes that are also engaging to students. When you choose M.S. Electrical Training, you’ll also receive the following benefits:
- Courses designed by a leading member of the electrical industry
- First-rate support services whenever you need them
- Online, in-person and private tutoring options
- State-approved course material
- Continual feedback and advice from instructors
- Courses held in professional training centers
- Courses that are quick, entertaining, and easy to understand
- Updates you need to move forward in your career
Are you ready to take the next step in your career and receive your Virginia master electrician license? Register today to get started.
Get Your Virginia Master Electrician License Today
M.S. Electrical Training, LLC. is here for all of your electrical training needs. Our state-of-the-art courses are designed to prepare you for the future and refresh your knowledge. Whether you’re getting ready for your Virginia master electrician license electrical exam or just starting out in the business, our expert instructor is here to guide you.
Do you have any questions about our course selections or private company training? Call us today at (410)-790-8993 or fill out a form on our website. We’ll be in touch!